6 flour tortillas (7 inches)
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
3 Tbsp. sugar
1½ tsp. cinnamon
Note: Tortillas shown are 12 inch size as 7 inch was not available. Cooking time does not change, however, larger tortillas will create pizza slice looking chips as shown in this demonstration.
– In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
– Next, brush both sides of the tortilla with melted butter.
– Sprinkle both sides of the tortilla with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
– Cut tortilla into chip size wedges (approximately 6 per tortilla). Place wedges on an ungreased baking sheet.
– Bake at 400 degrees for about 6-7 minutes on each side or until chips are crisp.
– Alternate method: Broil on high for 1-2 minutes per side, checking often to avoid burning.
For a dry salsa, before serving, drain juice from salsa; reserve to add back to any leftover fruit.
Make a fresh fruit breakfast smoothie the next morning with remaining fruit and juice.
For individual treats, cut chips into larger sizes before baking. Then, place baked chips on a serving tray, top with a teaspoon of well-drained salsa and a dollop of whipped cream. Drizzle with strawberry glaze and a sprinkle of cinnamon.