1 orange (preferably organic)
½ cup of milk
2 tbsp poppy seeds
¼ cup oil
1 ½ cups plain flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
– Preheat the oven to 375°F.
– In a little bowl, soak 2 tbsp poppy seeds in ½ cup of milk and let it stand for about 20 minutes.
– Cut the orange into 8 pieces and remove any seeds. Place the whole of the orange (including skin), the milk with poppy seeds, the egg and oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
– In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the wet mix to the dry and stir carefully until just mixed.
– Fill mixture into muffin tins and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes.
– Enjoy for breakfast or with a nice cup of coffee in the afternoon! These muffins are also perfect for lunchboxes.