Crusty Garlic Potatoes
1 lb potatoes (preferably new potatoes)
8 large garlic cloves, peeled
6 – 8 tbsp yellow cornmeal
– Preheat oven.
– Wash and scrub potatoes well. In a large pot, boil the potatoes and garlic in salted water for about 12 -15 minutes until just cooked. Drain the potatoes and reserve the garlic cloves.
– Take the skin off the potatoes as soon as possible. Chop the garlic cloves roughly and with a small skewer insert the pieces into the potatoes.
– In a small dish, lightly beat the eggs and dip the potatoes into the egg mixture and then into the cornmeal. Press the cornmeal well onto the potato and dip again into the egg mixture.
– Put the potatoes on a well-oiled baking tray and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes until golden and crusty.
– Garnish with parsley and serve with any grilled meat.