Navy Bean & Chicken Chili
2 tablespoons butter
1 whole medium diced onion
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 diced Anaheim chilis, seeds removed
1 pound white navy beans, soaked overnight and drained
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups filtered water
1 whole Sliced Jalapeno
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 cup yogurt
2 egg yolks
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
– Cook the onion and garlic in butter until soft in a skillet or large cook pot over medium heat.
– If using the large cook pot for the chili, leave the onion and garlic. If using a crock pot, move the onion and garlic to the crock pot once heated.
– Add the chilis, navy beans, chicken broth, filtered water, Jalapeno slices, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and sea salt.
– Cook in the crock pot or large stock pot on low all day, or 4 hours on high.
– 20 to 30 minutes before serving, after making certain that the beans are cooked through, stir in the chicken.
– Whisk the egg yolks into the yogurt and stir the egg mixture into the chili.
– Just before serving, add the Monterey Jack cheese and stir to melt.