Orange & Vanilla Cupcakes
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/8 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farhenheit.
– Either use cupcake liners or grease muffin tin with coconut oil.
– If using cupcake liners, drop 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil in the bottom of each liner and let sit in the oven while it is preheating. If using the muffin tin slots without liners, spray each slot with non-stick cooking spray.
– If you are going to mix the batter in a bowl, you will also need a whisk. If using a food processor, or blender, you will have a whip blade.
– Combine the eggs, remaining coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, orange zest, orange juice concentrate, vanilla extract, coconut flour, and sea salt. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure the coconut flour is mixed in well.
– Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
– Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
– Allow to cool.
– Frost with icing if desired.
– Freezes well.