Yogurt Custard Pudding, Dairy-free
1 large egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup Dairy-free Unsweetened Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk
6 ounces Dairy-free Plain Greek Cultured Almond Milk
Sliced almonds for garnish
Cocoa powder for garnish
– Whisk the egg, granulated sugar, and cornstarch together in a bowl.
– In a saucepan, heat almond milk over medium-low heat.
– Just before it starts to boil, turn off the heat.
– Pour 1/3 of almond milk into the egg mixture bowl.
– Whisk well and pour into the saucepan.
– Turn heat back on.
– Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly.
– Simmer until the mixture starts to thicken.
– Reduce heat to low, continuing to simmer until thickened.
– Remove the saucepan from the heat.
– Transfer to a bowl, covering with plastic wrap and refrigerating until cooled.
– When the custard has been cooled, add Greek cultured almond milk to the bowl.
– Whisk until well blended.
– Divide mixture into individual serving glasses or bowls.
– Top with sprinkles of cocoa and sliced almond.