1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 egg whites
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
– Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, stirring occasionally. Optionally, melt over a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
– In a separate medium size bowl, beat egg whites to a soft peak. Add vanilla and slowly add the sugar. Continue to beat until thick.
– Fold in coconut & melted chocolate.
– Using a teaspoon for small macaroons or tablespoon for large macaroons, drop one spoon full of batter onto baking sheet for each cookie.
– Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.