Apple Barley Pudding – Munch Alert
4 tbsp. pearl barley
1 1/2 lbs. apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
3 tbsp. sugar
1 c. heavy cream
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 c. water (approx.)
– In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring barley and water to a boil.
– Add the apples and cook until they begin to soften. They need to be soft enough to blend well, but no so soft that they lose their flavor.
– Drain the water off and blend the apples with a hand mixer.
– Next add the sugar and lemon and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
– Once cooled, add the cream to the top and chill until ready to serve.